Monday, August 29, 2016

Your Favourite Series

I read a shit-load of series books. But my ultimate fave would have to be Terry Pratchett's Tiffany Aching series within the Discworld series. I absolutely loved every single book in the series and love the characters so much. The first in the series is called Wee Free Men and introduces a young Tiffany Aching who works very hard on her fathers farm making cheese. She is a great cheese maker and her Granny is the areas best sheep herder. And more. Soon (my ultimate fave) the Nac Mac Feegles (tiny, fierce, blue tattooed men with a strong hint of Scot) are introduced and Tiffany's world grows. The rest of the books show Tiffany deciding to train as a witch under Granny Weatherwax (another fave). All the characters are so well developed and easy to picture. The humour is great and guaranteed to make you laugh out loud. I do admit the British side of me comes out in my sense of humour and Pratchett is one of the best. The series has ended with The Shepherd's Crown being the last after Terry Pratchett's death. But once you read the series, you will be happy to find many of the other characters like Granny Weatherwax and Nanny Ogg in their own stories in the Discworld series. They are equally as delightful.

Wee Free Men
A Hat Full of Sky
Wintersmith
I Shall Wear Midnight
The Shepherd's Crown

Check 'em out!

No comments:

Post a Comment