Sunday, August 28, 2016

A Book You've Read More Than Three Times

Better late than never.
Survivor by Tabitha King
Obviously an awesome story or I wouldn't have read it so many times. Re-read every year for awhile there. Always got something new out of it and a better understanding of the main character as I aged as well. Unfortunately I was stuck with a litter of kittens at one point and a kitten peed on my copy. Sigh. Still looking for another.
Another multiple re-read worth mentioning is Fiona Range by Mary McGarry Morris. Found the story fascinating and the main character fascinating as well. Do believe I need to read again soon as I will once again find a different outlook in my old age. Oddly enough both stories are about a young woman maturing and finding herself through life and its many challenges. Dealt with poorly or very well depending on the circumstances. Makes you feel not so alone in your own decisions poor or otherwise.
Another I have re-read since I was a kid is Judy Blume's Tiger Eyes.
Always a tear jerker and the last time I read it I understood the mom a little bit better this time around, being a mom myself. I still love the main character Davy and her struggles with her Dads murder, maturing, crappy distant family and a new relationship. Saw the movie a couple of years ago they made on Netflix. Just fell upon it as I hadn't even known they had made the movie. Do believe Judy Blume had a hand in it so she probably approved. It wasn't bad for a book to movie but as always, the book remains the best.
So that is three books not one but hey, fellow book lovers know there is always more than one, eh.

No comments:

Post a Comment