Title says all I do believe. So lets dive right in shall we?
Day 1
Best book you read last year?
Million Dollar Road by Amy Conner
Picked this up on a Chapters bargain table, I do believe and it was a winner! Was pleasantly surprised to find delightful writing and well developed characters. It is a story of a young girl in the sticks of Louisiana who gets a much needed job at an alligator farm down the road from her home. She longs to escape the swamps of Louisiana but her dreams seem unreachable. Her new boss takes an inappropriate liking to her and as she matures so does his obsession with her. Everything happens for a reason though, doesn't it?
Read it. I found it a refreshing change and made my longing to visit Louisiana greater. One of the very few states I wish to visit. You learn a bit about alligators as well and hey, who can't use a little more knowledge, eh?
So there ya have it. Best book I read last year.
No comments:
Post a Comment