Saturday, August 13, 2016

Arcana Chronicles

So I have been reading Kresley Cole books for awhile now. Her demon series is delightfully smutty and I adore the majority of the characters. Her writing style has the characters growing and evolving and not portrayed as unchanging, cardboard cutout characters. I was aware she wrote a YA series (Arcana Chronicles) as well as her adult demon series but I did not really feel a pull to consume them. At least until the moment I had ran out of her books to read and found the first in the Arcana Chronicles on sale. I said what the hell, I enjoy her writing, they are probably good. Well, good is an understatement. I devoured the first book like a woman would a beer after being stuck in a dry county for too long. It was delightful and suspenseful and I fell in love with the characters. I ordered the next two online, devoured them equally and am now in a impatient wait for the next. Which shouldn't be much longer now, actually. Due out this month. So, give 'er a go. As like Harry Potter, you will forget you are reading a YA, if that kind of thing bothers you, and you will delight in the story and be forced to wait in suspense until you can get your greedy little paws on the next book. But it will be worth it. Enjoy. PS the first book is called Poison Princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment