Friday, March 13, 2015

Terry Pratchett

Well, well, well.  So I am not dead just different in most ways.  But I still love books, of course.  So let's talk about what's important shall we.  Yesterday I was quite saddened to hear Terry Pratchett died. He has become my fave author this past year and I have enjoyed many many a chuckle thanks to him. I know he was ill so I imagine he may not have been upset himself about passing. But I shall miss him. Thankfully I have not read all his books so have the pleasure of continuing to enjoy them. 
I started with Wee Free Men, the first in the Tiffany Aching series. It remains my fave series. The Nac McFeegles are epic little tattooed blue men and quite possibly the funniest.  I enjoy them the most and next the other witches that train Tiffany. Granny Weather Wax and Nanny Ogg are such well developed characters and the more you read about them the more you feel you know them. I have read about half their series and look forward to more.  I do believe Mr. Pratchett finished the last in the Tiffany Aching series and it should be due to come out soon.  I sure hope so.  Great minds never really die though do they? They continue on in their books for generations and stay in readers minds and hearts and memories.  At least for true book geeks such as I anyway.  If you appreciate fantasy or British humour give the discworld series a go. Wee Free Men is in the Discworld as well as the Tiffany Aching. Awesome would be the word. That is all for now

No comments:

Post a Comment