Saturday, June 20, 2015

Guilty pleasure

So the last little bit I discovered Fan Fiction. Which is people writing stories on existing characters from varying tv shows. For example Supernatural, Arrow etc.  I am a fan of Once Upon A Time. I initially started watching it because it is filmed in my hometown.  I thought the first season was cute and worth watching another. Then they introduced a character that made me do a double take. Captain Hook. My my.  Needles to say I am hooked. Pun intended. I discovered this fan fiction by accident and and was quite surprised to see some of the writing is quite good. I have delved into two fan writers that write about the Captain Hook Emma Swan relationship. Deep down I am still a romantic at heart and have stayed up all night a few times now sobbing and quickly swiping through chapters on my iPad. I imagine it is because we already know the characters so well that it is so easy to delve so deeply into the story. I have been enjoying them immensely and even made myself NOT start a new story last night as I knew it meant I would be up all night again. I love when my thirst cannot be quenched and I long for more. Fan fiction. Google it. It's a cool concept. 

No comments:

Post a Comment