Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Second series for this author

I'm currently reading Savage Cut #1 in the Ruby Crane mysteries by Jo Dereske. I have read her Miss Zukas librarian mysteries and enjoyed them and so far I am also enjoying the Ruby Crane series. Ruby is a strong female character who moves back to her hometown in the backwoods. Her teenage daughter was recently in a vehicle accident and is recovering from brain damage. This is not a depressing issue in the book and is not dwelled upon to be a downer at all, which I appreciated. I am generally not one to like the depressing oh woe is me stories, so this is ok.  She is educated in criminal investigations so to speak and soon becomes involved in a murder. The forest industry is the background of this book and I think nicely explained. I come from a forestry town myself and was able to relate some.
I already plan to continue the series and will be ordering the next one in soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment