Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Best Friends
I just have to step away from the subject of books for a moment and talk about best friends. I have a best friend from college that I am pretty sure I would not be here without. She has been with me through my best times, my worst times, my stupidest times, never judged me, never stopped loving me, just been there for me and I her. We have watched each other make mistakes that we wished we could have prevented and that almost destroyed us. But we have never faltered in our love for each other and that is something rare, no matter what anyone says. I have never really found anyone else like that other than my husband and possibly my mom. Unlike what many books say, real friends are a rarity. I love knowing that I have no fear that she will judge me. I know when she won't understand but that is ok and share with her anyway. Because she may not get it, but she will still accept me for me. I love that. I wish we could be closer distance wise, but I value our friendship more than she could ever know. I love that I can always be myself with her no matter what, I never have to worry that she will think I am stupid or wrong or sinful, to her I am just me and to me she is just her. I don't usually have a problem accepting people for who they are, good or bad, but I seem to be one of the few. So when you find that person who loves you even when you have puke in your hair for example or whatever, lol, hold on to em. Give your friend a hug and just love them for them and enjoy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment