Tuesday, April 24, 2012
New Genre
So I went to peruse Chapters.ca the other day and one of their current bestsellers is Fifty Shades of Grey. Being a bestseller means nothing to me as there have been so many crappy bestsellers. (Girl With the Dragon Tattoo would be a perfect example) hehehe. Anyway, I checked it out and found it surprising that this particular genre would be on the bestsellers. It is in romance but is clearly an erotic novel with some BDSM. I have not read an entire novel like this before and it is not usually my taste but found it intriguing. It is a trilogy and I am currently reading the first one. So far there isn't really any BDSM and I am liking the characters alot. I pride myself on my open mind and recently have found myself researching Shibari which is the Japanese rope bondage. It doesn't always have to be related to BDSM but it often is. I find the knots so cool and beautiful. Getting off topic here,,,, so I am liking the first book so far. I kind of relate to the main character a little bit but only in the fact that she is a klutz. Lol. I have not been reading lately hardly at all so this is the
most I have read in months. Not sure why. Been feeling my age and possibly going through pre-menopause. Which I am not happy about. I don't even want to research it. Another unusual thing for me. And again off topic. Picked up some other books that should be very intriguing and funny as well. So my stack has once again grown. Lets so if I can make a dent in it soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment