Friday, January 27, 2012

giving in

So I have been totally fighting everyone telling me to read the Hunger Games series. It was really popular when I was working at the evil library but I just really didnt like the idea of sacrificing a child. It reminded me too much of A Brave New World in high school and I had issues with that one as well. I just started the Gregor The Overlander series by the same author Suzanne Collins and I love it. I was also talking to a friend today who has great taste in books and she also suggested the Hunger Games. She said it is really not about the sacrifice and there is much more to it and I should really give it a try. I trust her taste in books so I agreed that I would give in and try it. If it is anything like Gregor the Overlander then it should be good. I also didnt want to read The Book Of Negroes cause it sounded so depressing but I did and it is now my favourite book. So I shall add it to my list of to-reads and see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment