So I volunteered to do the kids program at work as the regular person is off for awhile. I have had one class so far and there was only one kid. We read a book and did a craft and it went okay aside from the fact that the kid didnt want to finish the book and said he didnt like rhyming. LOL. Anyway, tomorrow is another class and there is another kid coming. I have a Fall book planned as well as a new Catwings chapter book to read a chapter from and the craft is a Happy Fall door hanger. I couldnt find pre-cut leaves so we cut out 80 small leaves out of foamy paper. Thank goodness for 2 of the girls at work to help otherwise I wouldnt be able to move my hand, LOL. Trust me, that is a lot of leaves. The big leaves were much easier.
The Catwings book is a short chapter book series I got for my own kids as they were so cute. They as are the title suggests, cats with wings. I am pretty sure these kids will like the story too as lets face it, cats with wings are pretty cool. So wish me luck for this class.
Personally I am reading Janet Evanovichs new book Wicked Appetite. Deisel is in it from Stephanie Plum series. The characters in it are hilarious and I cant stop laughing. I have already got weird looks form reading it in public. I just love her. She cracks me up. Very glad this is series is so good as I dont like the books co-authored with Charlotte Hughes. I like them both individually though. Odd eh? And yes it is a library book but it doesnt count because I had it hold from awhile ago. And unfortunately the bookmobile is on Thursday so I imagine I will have more library books. But I am trying and being really picky and the time to read my own book collection is close. Really!
No comments:
Post a Comment