Tuesday, October 26, 2010

new kids book

A Story For Bear by Dennis Haseley and Kim LaMarche

I loved this story so much.Its about a bear who finds a part of a letter in the woods and wonders about the markings on the paper. He finds his way to a woman in the woods by her cabin reading. He watches her everyday as she reads and sees the display of emotions on her face as she reads. They finally meet and she starts reading to him. He falls in love with the books not from the story or words but the range of emotion in her voice and the waves of emotion they ride together in the spoken tone rather than word.  I loved the imagery and the beauty of the words. The illustrations were perfect and it was a joy to read out loud to my children. My daughter liked it but they all looked at me like I was crazy when I cried a bit at the end. I couldnt help it. It was so perfect. It hit home with the beauty of the woods and words and described books so perfectly. The bear was perfect too and I just loved it all. I will buy it for my kids for their own bookshelf soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment