Saturday, July 2, 2011

Wild Card

So came across this cover of this book, on it was a man sitting on a desk with ram horns coming out of his head. When you looked closer he had mottled green liver spots on his hands and a police badge. It immediately was a WTF moment and I picked it up for a closer look. I have never read a George R.R. Martin book and normally would pass his books by as too Sci Fi for me but this cover was just too funny. Turns out it is the latest in a twenty year old series called Wild Cards and it takes place after a virus breaks loose on mankind killing most and turning others into mutants (Jokers)or giving them superpowers (Aces). This one covers a police precinct of Jokers and Aces and their stories. I am loving it so far and have ordered the first in the old series to get a feel of the initial product. The writing is good, the characters more than interesting and the stories are entertaining. I mean, who doesnt love mutants? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment