Sunday, May 29, 2011

Greenhouse

So I am reading books on growing plants in a greenhouse right now. My husband built me one this year and I am so excited. My first experience with a greenhouse was when I was staying at my parents new place and helped them in theirs. It was so much fun and I found it so peaceful out there, in with the smell of the tomato plants and the dirt on your hands as you dig and clip off suckers so they dont sap all the energy from the plant. I learned so much that year and have longed for a greenhouse of my own ever since.
So the books are meant to refresh my memory and hopefully teach me more. I started lots by seed and bought some well established plants today so I have some in different stages.
Also reading some really good chicken books right now and we think next year might be the year we will finally get our chickens. I wanted the kids to be old enough to help with that. Only going to post the good ones on Goodreads I think though. Either way knowledge is hard to beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment